Last year has been pretty exciting and eventful for ManageIQ! If you’re new to the community, or if you just want a refresher, let me be your guide and summarize the cool progress we made throughout 2016.
- Darga GA release on Jun 7
- Euwe GA release on Dec 20
- New blog series Last Week in ManageIQ providing a closer look at some of the pull requests week-to-week
- Regular Sprint reviews highlighting the efforts and achievements sprint-to-sprint
- Started work on the Fine release
- Second ManageIQ Design Summit on June 6-7
- ManageIQ booth in Community Central at Red Hat Summit on June 27-30
- Presented at a number of meetups and conferences, listed on the community page
- Planning for ManageIQ participation at upcoming DevConf.CZ 2017 and FOSDEM 2017
- Next ManageIQ Design Summit will be around Sept/Oct 2017. Keep an eye on the community page or events posts for updates!
- Most read blog posts: Darga GA, Presentation slides from Design Summit, Euwe GA
- Most viewed slides: Sprint 38, Sprint 43, Sprint 44
- Most played videos: Self-Service UI Demo, Sprint 38, Sprint 46
- Forum post with the most replies: Voting on Name of F Release
- Forum post with the most views: Cloud-init on VMware provider
While it’s interesting to see which content have been popular over the past year, do check out and follow us on SlideShare/YouTube etc. for updates and discover hidden gems, and join the discussions on the Talk forum!
Website and more
- Redesigned website, a fruitful collaboration between engineering, design, marketing and IT
- Open Source License Change from dual-license GPL and Apache to single Apache license
- Contributed article to LWN.net building awareness for the project
- Consistent increase in ManageIQ site traffic and engagement metrics, > 60% increase in github and forum activities, > 30% increase in social channels from a year ago
Thanks for all your participation and contributions in 2016. There’s more to look forward to in 2017. Stay tuned!