GTL stands for Grid, Table, List.
GTL are backed by the reporting subsystem.
Each GTL screen is fed by report resuts through JSON endpoint
This is supposed to work statelessly however there’s some functionality that
uses the session such as search, advanced search and filters.
report_data serves data comming throught the
get_view method in
ApplicationController. That in
turn loads the appropriate report from the YAML definition stored under
Displaying of GTL data is handled by an Angular component from ui-components repository.
GTL grid in quadicon mode and the view toolbar
There are 3 modes of display for the GTL component:
User can change this in 2 different ways:
- Configured in the app under My Settings —> Default View. These are per-user defaults.
- View toolbar in the right corner of the screen. These are per-session settings.
GTL setting under My Setting
There’s a number of exceptions to the behavior:
- VMs under a Service are always displayed as quadicons.
- Users and Roles don’t have quadicons so they are always displayed as lists even under Tagging.
- Policy assignment screens display GTLs as quadicons. (ref: https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq-ui-classic/pull/3554)
- … (problably more, please, document here if you hit into some).